If you enjoy running, and are trying to figure out how to take your pursuit to the next level, yet face challenges in figuring out (a) how to do it, and (b) how to fit it in, then this blog is for you. Look, we can’t all dedicate our lives to our training – we have families, careers, and other interests to support. Predawn Runner is designed to help provide ideas on how to be the best runner (or cyclist, or other athlete) you can, while maintaining your other commitments.
Whether you choose to do so in the wee morning hours, or have another time of day that is “your” time, Predawn Runner helps you maximize the value of this time, through providing information or pointing out helpful resources on a wide array of running topics, including:
- Training - specifically for marathons, but the principals are applicable to a range of goals
- Fitting it in – often your biggest competition is other priorities, and this blog provides suggestions on how to maintain long-term balance
- Motivation - recognizing that we sometimes need a kick-in-the-pants to get back on track, you can find reasons to run and train aplenty
- Character - running makes us better people, and here are some examples of how it can do so
- Reviews - often the right shoe, book, training program, or equipment can make all the difference in your training and performance
Additionally, Predawn Profiles portray others who have successfully found their balance while striving for aggressive goals, and Tripped-Out Running features helps you overcome one of the challenges of the busy professional or family member – maintaining your training on the road.
If you are interested in following this blog, you can sign up for the RSS feed, friend me on Twitter, or Like the Facebook page. If you are interested in some of the products featured here, or other gifts based on The Running Manifesto or predawn running mantras, please visit my stores on Zazzle and CafePress.
Finally, if you like what you see here, let me help you figure out how to make it all work in your life through my online runner coaching services. With packages ranging from a one-time consultation to ongoing coaching, you can scale it according to your needs. All consultations and programs are tailored to your schedule, goals, strengths, and weaknesses, so if you want to take the next step in your running, consider joining Team Predawn Runner and let’s jointly find out what heights you can reach!
Thanks for your interest, and I hope I am able to provide you valuable information or insights. Likewise, I hope you’ll take the time to share your own insights through comments, and pass the word on to your running partners or friends.
Greg Strosaker – Predawn Runner